The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I fucking HATE the Oscars

Started by Bricktop, January 16, 2016, 03:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

A convention of celebtards showing off for the drooling mindless, hoping for a little gold statue that symbolises banality, American arrogance and self-importance whilst celebrating lacklustre and stodgy cinematic dross that has all the appeal of bovine flatulence.

Renee

You do know that the Motion Picture Acadamy of Arts and Science is an international organization that honors foreign non-english, non- US based films as well, don't you? Membership is open to ANYONE on the motion picture industry regardless of country.

BTW, I see that the last mad max film is up for a few technical awards or some shit. As I recall you were one of the "drooling mindless" that was all aflutter and couldn't wait to see that pile of steaming crap. :laugh3:

Next time try baiting the American members of this forum with something worth discussing. Your whiney anti-Americanism is getting extremely stale, old man. :nea:

I agree that the Oscars are a waste of time but so is your rabid any excuse to bash the US circus act. So if you don't want to watch the Oscars, change the fucking channel. I'm sure you can find reruns of "Skippy" playing somewhere. ac_boring
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I don't watch the Oscars either.

easter bunny

Quote"I want to thank so and so, and so and so, and then there's so and so, without whose support I could never have done this..."

:001_rolleyes:

RW

I like the fashion review afterwards.  That's about it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote"I want to thank so and so, and so and so, and then there's so and so, without whose support I could never have done this..."

Are you implying the greatest moments of genuine humanity by great human beings are   phony bullshit from sad representations of people?

Oh my

ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

easter bunny

Quote from: "cc la femme"

Are you implying the greatest moments of genuine humanity by great human beings are   phony bullshit from sad representations of people?

Oh my

ac_smile

That's just what I came away with after watching snippets of various award shows. I don't think I've ever made it through one from beginning to end.  :laugh:

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"You do know that the Motion Picture Acadamy of Arts and Science is an international organization that honors foreign non-english, non- US based films as well, don't you? Membership is open to ANYONE on the motion picture industry regardless of country.

Yeah, and North Korea calls itself a democracy.

What bullshit. The motion picture industry is dominated by the Hollyweird sausage machine, and its jewish maestros. How else would "Titanic", "Avatar" and "The Gladiator" get a gong?

What about the absurd doggerel "Birdman", that had the entertainment value of a dead tree?

What proportion of "Best Actor" winners go to non-Americans?

Why not hold the ceremony in India? Or China?

Its an American cultural phenomenon, designed to recognise movies and actors that offer nothing but the same tiresome and vapid popcorn sellers that Americans love so much. That ocassionally a foreign film gets recognition is more to do with political correctness than artistic merit.

And as for that "red carpet" bullshit, how big an ego does one need to parade yourself in front of glaze-eyed star worshippers as if you're something special because you can act?

Twenty Dollars

Looks like your not watching then honey bunch. Probably won't either.

easter bunny

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"What about the absurd doggerel "Birdman", that had the entertainment value of a dead tree?

Behold, the burning dead tree channel. It's one of the most poplar channels around the holiday season. =P

http://www.shaw.ca/uploadedImages/Email/Shaw-Direct/Big-Picture/2015/12/main_header.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"What about the absurd doggerel "Birdman", that had the entertainment value of a dead tree?

Behold, the burning dead tree channel. It's one of the most poplar channels around the holiday season. =P

http://www.shaw.ca/uploadedImages/Email/Shaw-Direct/Big-Picture/2015/12/main_header.jpg">

I would rather watch than then stupid narcissists look pretty or worse, speak.

Renee

Quote from: "cc la femme"

Oh my

ac_smile

That's just what I came away with after watching snippets of various award shows. I don't think I've ever made it through one from beginning to end.  :laugh:

Exactly, I've never made it through one either. I also don't waste a lot of time worry about them or bitching about where they are held or by who or who gets an award. That kind of shit is for people who have too much time on there hands and nothing worthwhile to do. ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

J0E

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"A convention of celebtards showing off for the drooling mindless, hoping for a little gold statue that symbolises banality, American arrogance and self-importance whilst celebrating lacklustre and stodgy cinematic dross that has all the appeal of bovine flatulence.

I don't mind the Oscars.

But I can see what you're saying. They're a bit too Amero-centric.

Too much about America, and not about everybody else.

Yet, there are other awards ceremonies which are just as crass, such as the Cannes Festival in France.

I'm sure they have the same thing in other nations, such as India with its burgeoning Bollywood cinema.

I've seen others in Asia which are just as silly.

I suppose one upside of the Oscars is they boost the economy. Girls/women see the latest fashions, they try to mimic them and they buy clothing which closely resemble what they saw at the awards ceremonies worn by their favorite movie stars. And the fashion h ouses, department stores sell the stuff.

I don't see what's so bad about it, though I've never been a huge fan of them.

Maybe they should hold the Oscars somewhere else for once instead of Hollywood.

How about New York? Or Atlanta? Or London? I think they gotta branch out and become more exposed to other cultural mindsets.

Annie

I watch awards shows for the fashions and to see stars being caught making faces or mocking their competition lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I watch awards shows for the fashions and to see stars being caught making faces or mocking their competition lol

I only want to see actors in movies or shows. They make me fucking puke.